|Shipping Days||Shipping Days|
USDA FSIS Safe Handling
This product was prepared from inspected and passed meat and/or poultry. Some food products may contain bacteria that could cause illness if the product is mishandled or cooked improperly.
For your protection, follow these safe handling instructions:
- Keep refrigerated or frozen. Thaw in refrigerator or microwave.
- Keep raw meat and poultry separate from other foods. Wash working surfaces (including cutting boards), utensils, and hands after touching raw meat or poultry.
- Cook thoroughly.
- Keep hot foods hot. Refrigerate leftovers immediately or discard.
Honest Beef Safe Handling Tips
Beef will remain fresh for 5-7 days after thawing if stored in a refrigerator and up to 6 months frozen.
- The safest way to thaw beef is in the refrigerator. To do so, place 8 – 24oz packages of beef in refrigerator for 36 hours to achieve a complete thaw.
- When thawing a large piece of beef or a roast, allow 48 hours for every 5 pounds of beef.
- Beef thawed in the refrigerator may safely be re-frozen without cooking.
- The USDA’s recommended safe cooking temperature for whole cuts of beef is 145°F, and 160°F for ground beef.