|Shipping Days||Shipping Days|
Next Day Air service (AM delivery) and Saturday delivery are available for an additional charge.
Service to Alaska, Hawaii and outside the U.S. currently not available.
Orders are shipped on Tuesday through Thursday, except holidays. Orders placed by midnight Monday through Wednesday can be shipped the following day. Perishable items cannot be shipped over a weekend and cannot be delivered on Sunday or Monday.
Weather and unforeseen circumstances can delay your shipment. We strongly recommend that you schedule your order to arrive at least 1 business day before your desired usage date to allow for any delays.
The following shipping options are available depending upon the delivery date selected:
Ground Shipping (Overnight) - If a customer’s shipping address is reachable overnight via UPS Ground service, they will be presented with $9.95 Flat-Rate Shipping upon checkout. Orders will be delivered via UPS Ground service on the selected arrival date, between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM to residences, and between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM to businesses.
UPS Next Day Air Saver - If the shipping address is not reachable overnight via UPS Ground service, the customer will be presented with $39.95 Flat-Rate Shipping upon checkout. The order will be shipped via UPS Next Day Air Saver and will be delivered by the end of the next day following shipment. Delivery time can vary based on area, but can be as late as 8:00 p.m. to residences and 5:00 p.m. to businesses.
UPS Next Day - Your package will be delivered the following morning after it ships, in most cases by noon. The flat-rate for UPS Next Day service is $44.95.
For complete shipping details we encourage you to visit our General Shipping and Packaging Information page.
All food from Turner's Seafood is shipped in extra thick recyclable foam containers with sufficient coolant to assure it arrives in excellent condition within the max allowable transit time of 1 day.
All orders are shipped signature release. This means UPS will leave the package at the doorstep, front desk or gate associated with the shipping address without requiring a signature upon delivery. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that the contents of the package are stored in a freezer or refrigerator promptly after delivery. FoodyDirect cannot be responsible for orders with incomplete or invalid addresses, or that are sent to recipients who are not available to store the contents of the order on the day of arrival. UPS cannot deliver to a P.O. box.
All Seafood from Turner's should be removed from the shipping box and placed in refrigeration immediately. Fresh lobsters and clambakes should be enjoyed within 1 day of delivery. All other seafood can be stored under refrigeration for up to 2 days, or frozen up to 30 days.
All orders ship Tuesday thru Thursday via overnight service. Orders placed by midnight can be shipped as early as the next day.
All Seafood from Turner's ships fresh, not frozen, and should be removed from the shipping box and placed in refrigeration immediately. Fresh lobsters and clambakes should be enjoyed within 1 day of delivery. All other seafood can be stored under refrigeration for up to 2 days, or frozen up to 30 days.
What You'll Need for every two servings:
- 8 oz salted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup coarse kosher salt or sea salt (not iodized salt)
- 1 bottle or can of beer
- Juice form ½ lemon
- 2 qt water
- 2 lbs small red bliss potatoes
- 4 ears of corn
- Step 1 - Prepare a gas or charcoal grill to cook chorizo sausage. Preheat oven to 200 °F. Place a large (6 to 8 quart) heavy bottom pot over medium high heat. Add 8 ounces of butter to melt. Add sliced onions and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and sauté an additional 3 minutes. Add salt, beer, spice packet, lemon juice and water. Cover and bring to a boil
- Step 2 - Add potatoes and cook approx. 8 to 12 minutes or until they can be pierced easily with a knife. Once cooked, remove potatoes from pot and place in a very large roasting pan. Add 2 cups of broth to the pan, cover and place it in oven.
- Step 3 - Next, cook corn in the broth for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove corn from pot and place in roasting pan in oven.
- Step 4 - Have a friend cook the chorizo sausage on the prepared grill. When finished add the sausage to roasting pan in oven. At this point, all the hard work is complete. Everything in the oven will hold well for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Step 5 - Next, it’s time to prepare the lobsters. It’s best to cook them 2 at a time so the pot won’t be overcrowded. Add 2 lobsters to the boiling broth and cook 12-15 minutes. Remove and add them to the roasting pan. Repeat with the remaining 2 lobsters.
- Step 6 - Finally, add the mussels to the boiling broth and cook 5 minutes, then add them to the roasting pan. Melt 1 stick of butter and divide it among small cups for dipping. Similarly, reserve broth and serve in bowls for your guests to dip their steamers and lobster in. Now bring the roasting pan to the table, lift the lid and unveil the incredible steaming clambake for your guests to enjoy.