All Seafood from Turner's ships fresh, not frozen, and should be removed from the shipping box and placed in refrigeration immediately. Fresh lobsters and clambakes should be enjoyed within 1 day of delivery. All other seafood can be stored under refrigeration for up to 2 days, or frozen up to 30 days.
<br> What You'll Need for every two servings:
- 8 oz salted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup coarse kosher salt or sea salt (not iodized salt)
- 1 bottle or can of beer
- Juice form ½ lemon
- 2 qt water
- 2 lbs small red bliss potatoes
- 4 ears of corn <br>
- Step 1 - Prepare a gas or charcoal grill to cook chorizo sausage. Preheat oven to 200 °F. Place a large (6 to 8 quart) heavy bottom pot over medium high heat. Add 8 ounces of butter to melt. Add sliced onions and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and sauté an additional 3 minutes. Add salt, beer, spice packet, lemon juice and water. Cover and bring to a boil
- Step 2 - Add potatoes and cook approx. 8 to 12 minutes or until they can be pierced easily with a knife. Once cooked, remove potatoes from pot and place in a very large roasting pan. Add 2 cups of broth to the pan, cover and place it in oven.
- Step 3 - Next, cook corn in the broth for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove corn from pot and place in roasting pan in oven.
- Step 4 - Have a friend cook the chorizo sausage on the prepared grill. When finished add the sausage to roasting pan in oven. At this point, all the hard work is complete. Everything in the oven will hold well for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Step 5 - Next, it’s time to prepare the lobsters. It’s best to cook them 2 at a time so the pot won’t be overcrowded. Add 2 lobsters to the boiling broth and cook 12-15 minutes. Remove and add them to the roasting pan. Repeat with the remaining 2 lobsters.
- Step 6 - Finally, add the mussels to the boiling broth and cook 5 minutes, then add them to the roasting pan. Melt 1 stick of butter and divide it among small cups for dipping. Similarly, reserve broth and serve in bowls for your guests to dip their steamers and lobster in. Now bring the roasting pan to the table, lift the lid and unveil the incredible steaming clambake for your guests to enjoy.